- 1 30 oz bag of frozen shredded hash browns
- 3 14 oz cans of chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 c onion, chopped (I just used one onion)
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper (I was pretty liberal with it since Mr. L loves freshly ground black pepper so much)
- 1 package regular cream cheese (not fat-free!)
1. Place all of the ingredients, minus the cream cheese, into the crock pot. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
2. About an hour before serving, add the cream cheese and keep an eye on it until it's thoroughly melted (I cut it up into small chunks to speed up the melting process).
3. Serve with your favorite garnishes. We chose chopped green onion, bacon, cheddar cheese, and more freshly ground black pepper!
I will say that I don't believe I like it as much as the full-on, homemade, peeled-and-chopped potatoes soup that I make every so often, which is understandable, but for a quick and easy weeknight meal stand-in, it was pretty great, especially since there was no peeling potatoes involved!
Do you have a favorite go-to crock pot recipe?