1. Where did you and your Spouse meet?
- We first met on Thanksgiving Day in 2004. A friend of mine was having a Halo party, and since said friend's older brother was Mr. L's best friend, he was there too! Unfortunately for him, I still don't really remember him from the party -- I knew he was there, but I just couldn't picture him. The Navy buddy he'd brought home with him for the holiday left a bigger impression on me than he did! Fortunately for both of us, we got to "re-meet" in February of 2005 =)
2. How old were you when you met?
3. How long have you been together?
- As of February 7th, it's been 7 years, and then married for coming up on 2!
4. Where are you and your spouse originally from?
- He was born outside of San Antonio, and I was born in Mobile, Alabama.
5. How did you feel about him joining the military?
- I wasn't around for his initial decision to join the military since I hadn't met him yet, but I was very accepting of his career path.
6. Where did you spouse go to basic training?
- Naval Station Great Lakes in Michigan =)
7. Has your spouse ever been deployed?
- Yep, four times total now.
8. Ever been to his promotion ceremony?
- I haven't been to a promotion ceremony yet (for E-4, he was stationed too far away, and for E-5 he was deployed), but I have been to his two reenlistment ceremonies.
9. How long have you been a military wife?
- It'll be two years as of May 15th!
10. Did you marry him before or after he joined?
11. How did your husband propose?
- He completely tricked me into thinking we were going out to lunch with his family because his sister had some "big news"...little did I know there would be big news that had nothing to do with her, and he proposed over a dish of crab legs =)
12. Where did you get married?
- The Kirk House and Gardens, a few miles north of Mobile, AL.
13. How old were you when you got married?
- I was 22, and he was 24.
14, Did he wear his uniform on your wedding day?
- Yes, he wore his Navy Dinner Dress Whites =)
15. Where are you and your spouse currently stationed?
- Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam in Honolulu, Hawaii.
16. Do you live on base?
- We don't live directly on base, but we do live in base housing.
17. How long were you married before you had to go through a separation?
- Although Mr. L did just leave for a very short time, I don't count that as a real separation, so we technically have not experienced a deployment while married. Unfortunately it's coming soon, though =(
18. What is your favorite base so far?
- Out of the three I've had contact with (one in Georgia, one in Florida, and here in Hawaii) I'd have to say I like Pearl Harbor the best. It's mostly because I've had the most experience with it, but also because it's in a pretty amazing location!
19. Do you think your spouse looks good in uniform?
- Heck yes -- I'll never forget him when he was at my high school in his Johnny Cash's the second time I met him. And he looks even better now!
20. Do you think the military life is more advanced than civilian life?
- I'm not quite sure I'd use the word "advanced." It's not entirely fair to compare the two, in my opinion -- they're really apples and oranges. There are a lot of differences, from the specific stresses we have to deal with to the kind of language we use on a daily basis, but one is no better or no worse than the other, just different.
21. Do you like the benefits you receive as a military dependent?
- Of course! It's so nice to feel supported, whether it's from the government or a local business giving out discounts, especially when your significant other is far away.
22. Do you have a lot of military wife friends?
- I have WAY more since we've moved out here to Hawaii than I ever did before. It's great to have people around you going through the experiences you are!
23. What is the hardest part of the military lifestyle?
- The separations, whether they be from your significant other via a deployment or from family and friends back home. The whole "having to uproot your family and life every 2-4 years" thing kinda sucks too, but it does have perks.
24. Do you own a lot of military wife stuff?
- Mainly t-shirts! But that's about it.
25. Do you support your spouse as a member of the military?
- 110% percent =)
Do you have any loved ones in the military? Tell me about them below! =)